TRAVEL, LODGING, AUDIO, & LIGHTING
Travel expenses are included in all rates:
- Van Rentals
- Car Rentals
- Meals on Road
We fly with Frontier Airlines.
All lodging is covered in our rates:
- Often we do not stay in the same town that we perform in, we may travel half-way to where we'll be the next day or go all the way to the next place after a performance.
All necessary audio equipment for audiences of up to about 300 is included within our rates.
- PA System
We take performing at the correct volume extremely seriously and have previously performed for audiences as small as 20 in a celebrity's basement and as large as 3,000 in a outdoor amphitheater. When explaining to your venue that you wish to book The St. Louis Big Band please be sure to mention that the volume between a big band and a modern rock or pop band is not in any way comparable, a big band is much softer. Our typical 18-piece volume is softer than the usual volume of a 4-piece rock band.
Techniques that we employ to ensure proper volume:
- In smaller venues we perform acoustic, the vocalist is the only performer who uses a microphone.
- Our conductor constantly evaluates volume.
- Brass mutes are used to decrease projection when in close proximity to guests.
- When fitting our volume is brought up as the night progresses.
Basic tower lighting is included within our pricing. For dances: it can be set to go to the music. For concerts: it can be set to a solid color.
Ceiling mounted spotlights are not included.
We offer the following optional lighting add-ons:
#1 - Room Uplighting: $80 Per Light
#2 - Suspended Socket String Lights - 50ft Strands: $30 Per Light
#3 - Moving-Head Lighting for Dance Floor: $600 for 2